Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/icecreamwhirlwind

Tuesday 18 February 2014

This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

How is it possible that I manage to find four books in a row that are definitely going to be favorites? No that I'm complaining.
12043771
This is Not a Test is such a cold, haunting and emotionally raw book. The opening was so amazing that it drew me into the book from the first page. I LOVED this book.
It's like a mixture of the breakfast club and some depressing zombie novel. Despite how bad this sounds, the combination actually worked.
Six months ago, Sloan Price's world collapsed when her sister left her with her abusive father. But the day she decides to give up, is when the world actually collapses. 7 days later, Sloan is left to witness the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse that shook the world, along with five other teenagers using their school as a shelter so that they don't become the undead.
This is Not a Test is not a standard zombie book, If you're expecting gore filled scenes, blood and extreme violence, you won't find it. There are a few parts, but the book doen't revolve around Zombies, It's not about them. It's more about the struggles between the teenagers and how they survive (or die).
I wish this was a series, because such a story should not finish in 300 pages, also because the ending left me totally confused. One of the many things I liked about this book is the characters, each one of them has depth and is completely different from the other. That's what makes their relationships all the more interesting. More people need to read this book. Because right now, I'm like ...fyeahcmv:

eustaciavye77:

lavender-lotus:

How I feel about the orphan’s tales.

I WILL SHARE ORPHAN’S TALES FEELS WITH YOU!!!!!!

This account needs more followers to make this happen. :p
I'm really generous in giving stars but seriously, this book deserves a 

5 STARS

      Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment