Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/icecreamwhirlwind

Monday 29 September 2014

Blankets by Craig Thompson

And the most heart-achingly beautiful, stunning, depressingly true, and unique novel I've read all year is...
Blankets is an unforgettable story.
Wrapped in the landscape of a blustery Wisconsin winter, Blankets explores the sibling rivalry of two brothers growing up in the isolated country, and the budding romance of two coming-of-age lovers. A tale of security and discovery, of playfulness and tragedy, of a fall from grace and the origins of faith.
Words in this book are as scarce as they are blurb, but we have drawings, and Craig Thompson tells a better story with these drawings than most authors could do with words.
Just, like, look at these.

Blankets by Craig Thompson
I'll keep my post just as short.(i'e I'm too lazy to write any more). Just read this book, I recommend this to everyone and I promise you won't regret it.

Needless to say, I fell in love with this book. (and it broke my heart into tiny little pieces and then left a scar)
5 STARS

      Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment