Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/icecreamwhirlwind

Monday 22 September 2014

Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern

147865
It took me 4(ish) hours to finish this 500 page compilation of the strongest feels. It seems like I was misguided by the trailer of the movie adaptation to think this was a typical chick lit/fluffy read. GODS NO.

 (Lily Collins and Sam Claflin just looked so good and cute in the trailer, I knew I had to read the book)
Rosie and Alex are destined for one another, and everyone seems to know it but them. Best friends since childhood, their relationship gets closer by the day, until Alex gets the news that his family is leaving Dublin and moving to Boston. At 17, Rosie and Alex have just started to see each other in a more romantic light. Devastated, the two make plans for Rosie to apply to colleges in the U.S. 

She gets into Boston University, Alex gets into Harvard, and everything is falling into place, when on the eve of her departure, Rosie gets news that will change their lives forever: She's pregnant by a boy she'd gone out with while on the rebound from Alex. 

Her dreams for college, Alex, and a glamorous career dashed, Rosie stays in Dublin to become a single mother, while Alex pursues a medical career and a new love in Boston. But destiny is a funny thing, and in this novel, structured as a series of clever e-mails, letters, notes, and a trail of missed opportunities, Alex and Rosie find out that fate isn't done with them yet.
There were a few more lines in the summary about how this book keeps you laughing and guessing till the very last page.(It doesn't) (not really complaining) and LAUGHING TILL THE END! pfft more like This book is not a LIGHT HAPPY READ. It could be frustrating to many readers, not to me, I LOOOVEEEEDD this book. I've tried to read Cecelia Ahern's "P.S I Love You" but couldn't really get into it. Love, Rosie though...
The book is written in epistolary form, It's a compilation of e-mails, letters, notes, messages and stuff. Read it, pleeease read it, because it's sad and happy and tragic and joyous. But skip it if you hate books that cover a reaaaally long period, because the only thing I truly HATED about this novel was that *SPOILER ALERT*
It took 50 FREAKING years for the main characters to get together. YEP.*END OF SPOILER*
So yeah, this book just missed my favorites shelf because of that.
Calling all those die hard romantics, this is the book for you.
I give it (guess guess)

5 STARS

for leaving me like this

My Goodreads
      Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment