Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/icecreamwhirlwind

Friday 14 March 2014

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

People, let me introduce you to the most mind-boggling, mysterious, lyrical & intense novel of this year that I was dumb enough to not complete the first time I read it
“Someone asked us later, "Didn't you wonder why no one came across you sooner?"
Did I wonder?When you see your parents zipped up in black body bags on the Jellicoe Road like they're some kind of garbage, don't you know?Wonder dies.” 
At age eleven, Taylor Markham was abandoned by her mother. At fourteen, she ran away from boarding school, only to be tracked down and brought back by a mysterious stranger. Now seventeen, Taylor's the reluctant leader of her school's underground community, whose annual territory war with the Townies and visiting Cadets has just begun. This year, though, the Cadets are led by Jonah Griggs, and Taylor can't avoid his intense gaze for long. To make matters worse, Hannah, the one adult Taylor trusts, has disappeared. But if Taylor can piece together the clues Hannah left behind, the truth she uncovers might not just settle her past, but also change her future.
The starting was so confusing and maybe that's why I quit it last month, I was all like

Thank god I read it again.

This novel deserves the Printz Award.It does. I wish every YA contemporary I read was like Jellicoe Road.
Also, Melina Marchetta's writing is so so BEAUTIFUL. I wish I could quote the whole book.
I'm not ranting any longer about this one because it's a book that can't be put to words and NEEDS to be read. So yeah, read it NOW and just get through the first few pages because it's worth it.
Do I even need to rate this?
I don't

My Goodreads
      Tumblr


No comments:

Post a Comment