Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/icecreamwhirlwind

Thursday 13 March 2014

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

This is the final novel in the Shatter Me trilogy, so if you don't wan't to be spoiled, go back.
I had been trying to delay reading this as much as possible because JULIET WAS SO FREAKING IRRITATING in "Unravel Me". Thank god this girl finally picked herself up. If you've been hesitating for the same reasons. Don't.
13188676
Juliette was everything I wanted her to be in this book. Straightforward and kick-ass. Kenji was as usual, AWESOME. Adam, I have only three words for you, WHAT THE HECK?!
And then comes Warner.... (SPOILER ALERT)
Juliette and Warner's ship sailed (and my fangirl heart sang),that also in the middle of the book, which was all great.
and this really cracked me up:

“Aaron Warner Anderson, chief commander and regent of Sector 45, son of the supreme commander of The Reestablishment.
He has a soft spot for fashion.” 

Tahereh Mafi had a plan, which is very clear now, she made Juliette so damn irritating and weak and dependent and whiny and all just so that she could shine in this final book.
It worked. This finale did make the whole trilogy better and the characters more likable. (thought seriously, Adam's character took a sharp turn)

I just felt that the book's ending, though good, could have been more complete. I really wanted to know what caused these powers and more of  a focus on the rebellion rather than the romance.
nonetheless, this gets

4.5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment