Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/icecreamwhirlwind

Friday 26 September 2014

Graphic novels/ Comic books

Whatever you call it, pictures and words together are a heavenly combination.
I love reading, I love drawing. I appreciate both equally, but when I can enjoy both together...
 It's perfection, really.
I recently became obsessed with this, It started with manga, which of course isn't exactly in the "comics" category but technically, It's about the same. I've been watching anime for a long, long time, but not reading manga, so when I did, I was completely in love with the feeling of being able to both read and see. Obviously, while reading novels you can use your imagination to picture things too, but here it's a given.
So after reading a manga called "Silver Spoon", I ventured into the graphic novel territory by reading "Blankets", I'll write a separate post on this one, because this book is just too beautiful to be fit into a small para. Then I read a few more ("Asterios Polyp" and "Ghost World"), and that's how I came to love graphic novels. 
And that's about it.

      Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment