Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/icecreamwhirlwind

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

WHAT IS THIS? Have I found another series to add to my all time favorites list??11235712
OH YES.
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. 
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
Now; Cinderella retelling, kickass cyborg protagonist, love interest to die for, dystopian Beijing, crazy moon people; who wouldn't read this!
I loved EVERY frikkin' THING about this book.(the fact that I'm using uppercase so much proves it.) 
Let's start with Cinder, she and Kai are like one of my favorite characters (counting in ALL books) Cinder's truly kickass, and her sarcastic replies made me laugh so hard. 
“I don't know. I don't actually remember anything from before the surgery."
His eyebrows rose, his blue eyes sucking in all the light of the room. "The cybernetic opetation?"
"No, the sex change."
The doctor's smile faltered.
"I'm joking.” 
She deals with all that's happening so well, maybe not always, but every move she makes is understandable.
Though there was this huge cringe fest, in the last part of the book (you'll know it when it comes), when I had to close my book and cringe and squeal and hyperventilate and then slowly open it again. I was like this for the next 10 pages or so..... 
Wince
But that's what a good book does, It make you feel.

Back to how I loved everything, Kai is one of the BEST LOVE INTERESTS EVER. I have a new fictional crush and a new otp. 
But what's the best part of this book is the world building; God knows how, but Marissa Meyer managed to include every detail about this world that the reader wanted to know, without making it boring. It's been so long since I've read about a well built dystopian world. So many of them just focus on the characters and the little environment around them (cough*Shatter me*cough), but this is so not the case with Cinder, here we get to look at the bigger picture.
Also, It's part of a quadrilogy, well, all the more books for me to devour!!
This Definitely gets

5 STARS


      Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment