Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/icecreamwhirlwind

Saturday 8 February 2014

The Leviathan Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld

I thought I couldn't be more impressed by a Scott Westerfeld novel after reading the uglies series and then
came Leviathan.
If you're a fan of Alternate history or Steampunk, STOP READING THIS AND GET THESE BOOKS.
I'm doing a review of the series because I flew through the books and was way to immersed in them to do a review... Heck, it's not a review, it's an appreciation.

So to summarize these three books:
Leviathan, Behemoth and Goliath are set in an alternate version of the World War I. There are the German Clankers who use mechanized war machines opposed by British powers, the Darwinists, who fabricate living creatures genetically. One of our main protagonists is Deryn Sharp, a Darwinist with the dream of joining the British Air Service, but to do so, she has to disguise herself as a boy (Dylan Sharp). The other protagonist is Prince Aleksander,son of the Archduke of the Austria-Hungary empire who is on the run. When Deryn's airship, The Leviathan, crashes at the same place where Alek is hiding, our story is set in motion.
Now, how COOL is that plot?

I loved every little thing about this book. Deryn and Alek are so likable and amazing characters, and Deryn is seriously the most kickass female in the whole YA genre, I mean, how can she be disguised as a boy so well that no one gets it? ( for the majority of the series). The Clanker and Darwinist technologies were infinitely creative and awesome. The relationship between Alek and Deryn was SO GOOD and I ship them sooo hard. The best thing was that Alek Didn't know that Deryn was girl, so there was friendship first and that's the best kind of love.
I know I'm gushing really bad but this series is totally worth it.


And If all this didn't win you over, this will: The books have ILLUSTRATIONS. Oh yes. Keith Thompson has done a wonderful job in illustrating this series.

This book trilogy has left me with a serious hangover. So now you have a reason if I don't post for a few days.
I think it's obvious I'm giving these 

5 STARS

Okay, I need to stop.

Btw, the final Divergent trailer just came out! watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONpPqJyQSpo

My Goodreads 
     Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment