Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/icecreamwhirlwind

Monday 24 February 2014

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

This is definitely a book I judged by it's cover, not a bad decision.
"A thousand moments that I had just taken for granted - mostly because I had assumed that there would be a thousand more"
Taylor Edwards' family might not be the closest-knit, but they get along just fine. Then Taylor's dad gets devastating news, and her parent's decide that their family will spend one last summer at their old lake-house. one Taylor hasn't visited in FIVE YEARS.
Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind, haven't actually gone anywhere.
as the summer progresses and the Edwards become more of a family, they're more aware than ever that they are battling a ticking clock.
Sometimes though, there is just enough time to get a second chance - with family, friends and with love.

The story might not be unique, but altogether this book was GREAT. I loved everyone in this book : Henry, Lucy, All of Taylor's family, Elliot, MURPHY the dog, EVERYONE.
Despite the "father dying" thing, most of the book was pretty light. though the ending......
Aside from the characters, what I loved about this book was that it wasn't focused on just one thing, or one relationship, there were many little stories, all equally heart-warming. I give this book

4 STARS

Anyways, If you adore the YA/ Contemporary genre, don't miss this one.

My Goodreads
      Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment