Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/icecreamwhirlwind

Saturday 18 January 2014

Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando

I'm on a Contemporary roll right now,so yeah...
The story looked interesting to me but I wasn't expecting much from this book. Well, I was wrong.

Elizabeth and Lauren are two very different girls who are going to start their freshman year in the same college and are assigned as each others room mates.So they start emailing to get to know each other before college starts.A conversation that started from microwaves and mini-fridges soon turns into a deeper one, with each one sharing her life's complications, the hard goodbye's and the changes in themselves.

This book was AMAZING. It was so much more than just an ordinary "chick-flick". The subjects this book deals with are so diverse. Here's the list : change, friendships, rocky relationships, absentee and irresponsible parents, college, future, career and yes, skin color/racism. 

Apart from some of the drama and teenage angst in the second half, there was just one problem, this book was toooo short. I NEEDED more!

This is a book that should be read after a heavy, emotionally wrenching read  (*screams* ALLEGIANT!), and I give it 4 STARS

Go on, read it!

      Tumblr


No comments:

Post a Comment